Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Haunted Memories



My grandfather was a great storyteller.  My brothers and I would stay with our grandparents for a couple of weeks every summer and though we spent much of that time fishing, exploring and playing games, it was my grandfather's bedtime stories that had the greatest impact on me.  His voice crafted the eerie suspense of an old fashioned ghost story.  His ghosts, mysterious and ephemeral, really did go bump in the night -- sometimes with a hint of malevolence.  His stories, even those that starred vampires, werewolves and witches, were rich, original and chilling.  He made the paranormal seem real.

In the void since his passing in 1979, I have struggled to find some semblance of the haunted tales of my youth.
It is this search that led to the creation of this blog and my new company.  I want to share the old fashioned paranormal world through stories, cards, art and objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment